At Fitrite, we aim to provide decking without the hassle. In the unlikely event that you are not completely satisfied with the service or the product you received from Fitrite, please follow our the advice in this Complaints Policy.
We want to:
- Make it easy for you to tell us what went wrong
- Give your complaint the attention it deserves
- Resolve your complaint fairly and without delay
- Make sure you are satisfied with how your complaint was handled
If you are unhappy with any aspect of our product or service, you can tell us about your complaint:
In writing – Write to us at the following address
The Complaints Manager
By telephone– 0800 304 7163
By email– email@example.com
In person– Please feel free to visit us at the address above during business hours, where someone will help you in person
How long will it take?
We will aim to resolve your complaint straight away but if we can’t we will write to you within 5 business days to tell you:
- Why we have not resolved your complaint
- Who is dealing with your complaint
- When we will contact you again
We will usually resolve your complaint quickly, but if it is complex it may take longer. We will keep you informed on a regular basis but if you need an update please call us on the number above for an update.
Snagging is a normal part of any home improvement project and not subject to our normal Complaints Policy. Please inspect everything to ensure it has been carried out to our usual high standards as soon as possible after the work has been completed,. If you notice any snagging issues, please observe the following steps:
- Contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Snagging”
- Please include your name, contact telephone number and postcode
- As well as a detailed description of the snagging issues, please include photographs of the work that needs rectifying
- We will respond to your email to confirm receipt within 24 business hours
- We may also contact you to discuss in gather further information about the nature of the snagging, including access details.
- As soon as we have the information we need, we will book in a Remedial appointment within the following 14 days. We will be able to provide you a date, with a timeslot of between 0800-1800hrs. Unfortunately we are rarely able to provide an exact time that our fitters will arrive.
Alternatively you can call us on 08003047163 and talk us through the snagging, where one of our Advisors will be happy to help. We will still require photographs of the snagging issues before we can proceed with the remedial work.
At Fitrite we are confident that our product and workmanship will stand the test of time. If during the first 10 years of ownership you find an issue with either of these, please follow the same procedure for snagging shown above. This also does not fall under the normal Complaints Policy outlined above.
If we cannot reach an agreement with you
If we can’t agree a solution within 8 weeks and your complaint relates to your credit brokerage service we will:
- Send a letter giving our reasons for the delay and an indication of when we expect to provide a final decision
- Issue our final decision letter which will explain our final decision
Our aim is to resolve all credit brokerage related complaints internally. However if after receiving our final decision letter of 8 weeks have passed you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Financial Ombudsman Service
If you want the FOS to look into your complaint you must contact them within six months of the date of our final response letter.
Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
Telephone – 0800 0234567
Further helpful information can be obtained from visiting their website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Credit is provided by Ikano Bank AB (publ) and is available to UK residents aged 18 or over, depending on your financial circumstances. Fitrite Fencing & Decking Limited acts as a credit broker not a lender and only offers credit products for Ikano Bank AB (publ). Ikano Bank is authorised in Sweden by Finansinspektionen, the regulator for banks in Sweden, and some if it’s services are registered by the Financial Conduct Authority. Ikano Bank is a trading name of the UK branch of Ikano Bank AB (publ), which is registered with branch number BR016253. The registered office of the UK branch of Ikano Bank AB (publ) is Waterfront House, Waterfront Plaza, Station Street, Nottingham, NG2 3DQ